Monday, May 31, 2010

Back and Better Than Ever!


After a long four month hiatus while I focused on some of my other responsibilities, I'm ready to jump back in this Memorial Day to provide some commentary on an interesting season for the musical theater. With the Tony Awards less than two weeks away, there is tons to reflect on and even more to look forward to.

Although I haven't been writing much the past few months, I have been reading and thinking about a lot of different issues that I want to address on this blog. Here's a preview to some upcoming blogs:

This season's Off Broadway musicals' success
Popular Music's relationship to Musical Theatre
Tony Award Predictions
Theaters as living museums
What is the contemporary musical?
Who outside of the musical theatre world should write a musical?

These topics and more will be addressed in the coming weeks. Let me know if there are any topics that you are curious about. Leave me a comment and I'll be happy to give my perspective.

So stay tuned and check back frequently, as this will be a great place to have a healthy conversation about what's next for the musical theater.

No comments:

Post a Comment